Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how do i change maria_dev and root passwords for docker sandbox for hdp 2.6?

I just setup docker sandbox for HDP 2.6 and will like to know how to change the passwords for maria_dev and root. I can change it when i entered the container but how do i have the changed passwords take effect?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Gordon Banker

After doing the SSH on port 2222 to your sandbox you can use "passwd" command to reset the password

# ssh root@localhost -p 2222
Password: hadoop

[root@sandbox ~]# su - maria_dev
[maria_dev@sandbox ~]$ passwd
Changing password for user maria_dev.
Changing password for maria_dev.
New password: new_dev_maria
Retype new password: new_dev_maria
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.

Both the username and password to login are "maria_dev". Please see: https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/

You can also change the ambari user "maria_dev" password from ambari I as well. For that you will have to login to ambari as admin/admin and then you can nagivate to Ambari UI --> Manage Ambari -> Users --> maria_dev and then change the UI password for maria_dev.

Did you see i mentioned docker? the word "Docker" is important in my question because this is not same as a VM.

Yes i did change the password again as noted in my question. The issue is when i exit of out docker that does not take effect. My question is how do i change the password so it takes in effect with DOCKER sandbox for hdp