Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to configure Ambari Alert for Ranger Admin

Guru

Hello,

after switching the port for Ranger-Admin, Ambari is showing an alert for checking the Ranger-Admin because it is still trying to connect to Ranger-Admin on port 6080...

How can I reconfigure this Ambari-check, so that it is connecting to Ranger-Admin at the correct port (now it is 6182) ?

Thanks in advance, Gerd

PS: this is now the case for ~5 hours, in the beginning I thought to give Ambari some minutes... 😉

HDP 2.2.4.2

Ambari 2.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Gerd Koenig

Can you see what is the port in

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/RANGER/configuration/ranger-admin-site.xml Was it changed by Ambari? Change it then and see if it works.

The alerts in the following should pcik it up.

vi /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/RANGER/configuration/alerts.json

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Gerd Koenig In Ambari 2.0.1 port is hardcoded to 6080. Newer release of Ambari has a fix.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/f9e73665b48c44cb6e8118bb613d81584fddc497

Guru

Many thanks @Shishir Saxena .

Guru

Hello @Shishir Saxena ,

I just checked another cluster with Ambari 2.1.2, there is the same situation. HTTP disabled, port set to 6182, but Ambari Alert is checking port 6080

2724-ranger-admin-alert.png

This is the Ranger config

2725-ranger-settings.png

used Ambari version 2.1.2.1

What else to check?

@Gerd Koenig

Can you see what is the port in

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/RANGER/configuration/ranger-admin-site.xml Was it changed by Ambari? Change it then and see if it works.

The alerts in the following should pcik it up.

vi /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/RANGER/configuration/alerts.json

Guru

Hello @Ancil McBarnett ,

I checked that ranger-admin-site.xml, it was not updated there. I was wondering, since I am using HDP2.2.4, why is that file under .../HDP/2.3/... ?!?!

Anyways, I set the port to 6182, but unfortunately after restarting Ranger the alert was still there.

So I searched for other RANGER configs, because of the HDP2.2.4 vs. HDP2.3 and at the end it turned out that I had to update the port in file /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/RANGER/0.4.0/configuration/ranger-site.xml

After restarting Ranger the alert disappeared.

Many thanks for this hint...