Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to fetch hive data from html/jquery web pages?

Hi,

I'm working on a project, in that i have to fetch data from hive table to my web pages which was developed in html & jquery.

Can u please suggest me any idea to do so..or shall we use obdc connectivity to retrieve those hive records.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thats not possible, you need some kind of middleware between your frontend (html/jquery) and your data service (hive). So you basically have to create a backend, e.g. with Spring or Play, which is taking requests from your frontend, querying hive and sending the result back to your frontend as soon as the Hive query was executed.

You can also use ODBC.

Take a look at this http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-use-excel-2013-to-analyze-hadoop-data/

Is the website (html/jquery) only used to display data for a single user or will this be something like, one of many users visits a private page and individual data is pulled from hive and displayed on the frontend.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@priya dharshini please see this.

Thats not possible, you need some kind of middleware between your frontend (html/jquery) and your data service (hive). So you basically have to create a backend, e.g. with Spring or Play, which is taking requests from your frontend, querying hive and sending the result back to your frontend as soon as the Hive query was executed.

You can also use ODBC.

Take a look at this http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/how-use-excel-2013-to-analyze-hadoop-data/

Is the website (html/jquery) only used to display data for a single user or will this be something like, one of many users visits a private page and individual data is pulled from hive and displayed on the frontend.

Master Mentor

@priya dharshini are you still having issues with this? Can you accept best answer or provide your workaround?