Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

importAdminCredentials - REST API

New Contributor

Hi,

im trying to Import the KDC Account Manager credentials with REST API call without any success

i'm running the following command: 

curl -X POST -u "admin:admin" -i \
  -H "Content-Type:application/json" \
  -d '{"items": [ {  "username": "cloudera-scm/admin@<HOSTNAME>.KERBEROS.COM" , "password": "<PASS>" } ] }' \
http://localhost:7180/api/v11/cm/commands/importAdminCredentials

and i'm getting the error below in cloudera-scm-server.log: 

2016-07-17 15:42:09,032 INFO 1919433329@scm-web-78:com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.AuthenticationSuccessEventListener: Authentication success for user: 'admin' from 127.0.0.1
2016-07-17 15:42:09,040 INFO 1919433329@scm-web-78:com.cloudera.cmf.service.ServiceHandlerRegistry: Executing command ImportCredentials with sensitive arguments.
2016-07-17 15:42:14,066 ERROR CommandPusher:com.cloudera.cmf.command.CommandHelpers: ImportCredentials - Execution error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1010)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.ImportCredentialsCommand.generateKeytab(ImportCredentialsCommand.java:174)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.ImportCredentialsCommand.access$400(ImportCredentialsCommand.java:49)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.ImportCredentialsCommand$2$1.run(ImportCredentialsCommand.java:210)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.ImportCredentialsCommand$2$1.run(ImportCredentialsCommand.java:202)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.components.SecurityUtils.runWithGenerateKrb5Conf(SecurityUtils.java:334)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.ImportCredentialsCommand$2.call(ImportCredentialsCommand.java:202)
at com.cloudera.cmf.security.ImportCredentialsCommand$2.call(ImportCredentialsCommand.java:198)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2016-07-17 15:42:14,067 INFO CommandPusher:com.cloudera.cmf.model.DbCommand: Command 197(ImportCredentials) has completed. finalstate:FINISHED, success:false, msg:null

Capture.JPG

when i'm running the same process from Cloudera manager UI it passed seccessfully 

Capture.JPG

Please advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mentor

The POST command on the API you're using [1] requires passing the username and password as query parameters, not as a JSON object in the request body.

Try something like this instead:

~> curl -X POST -u "admin:admin" -i 'http://localhost:7180/api/v11/cm/commands/importAdminCredentials?username=user/admin@REALM&password=your-password'

The type of parameter expected is noted in the column on the table in the link above. You need to use JSON request bodies if and only if the POST description requires such a structure, for example for this request [2] (notice the two parameters, plus an additional request body data structure).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mentor

The POST command on the API you're using [1] requires passing the username and password as query parameters, not as a JSON object in the request body.

Try something like this instead:

~> curl -X POST -u "admin:admin" -i 'http://localhost:7180/api/v11/cm/commands/importAdminCredentials?username=user/admin@REALM&password=your-password'

The type of parameter expected is noted in the column on the table in the link above. You need to use JSON request bodies if and only if the POST description requires such a structure, for example for this request [2] (notice the two parameters, plus an additional request body data structure).

New Contributor

Thank you Harsh - it worked perfect