Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

install HDP using ambari hanging at last step "Install, Start and Test"

Contributor

The installation has been hanging in last step - show 0% overall for long time. All previous steps were OK.

- How to check what is exactly happening ? is there a logfile somewhere on server can check ?

- How to do a restart/a fresh start ?

i had tried to interrupt the installation (kill -9 back end, even restart the server). But when i restart the server, seems Ambari jump to the last step directly and continue hanging.

- FYI, i am trying to setup a 4 nodes cluster under Redhat 7. HDP 2.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru
@Allen Niu

It seems to be a problem with downloading of packaged from repository.

Is it Local repository you are using ?

You can kill the action here on ambari webui and lets try downloading single package from cli using yum command "yum install hdp-select". This will make sure you have access to download packages from internet/local repository.

Let me know if that works from cli.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Guru

Hi @Allen Niu

Can you attach the screenshot here of the screen on which you are struck.

Also do check below -

1. Login on ambari server and change path to - $cd /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/

2. $ ls -ltr output-* and $ ls -ltr error-*

3. Check the last output or error file to see if there are any useful logs.

Contributor

Hi Sagar,

Thanks.

See below screenshot and log.

a) No error and seems not too much info in output*.

b) One thing noticed the timestamp of last file (hostcheck.result) is few minutes back. Does this means it is still running, but just slow - about 1 hour 40min from 2nd last log?

Regards,

Allen

log.txt

8640-ambari-log.jpg

Super Guru
@Allen Niu

It seems to be a problem with downloading of packaged from repository.

Is it Local repository you are using ?

You can kill the action here on ambari webui and lets try downloading single package from cli using yum command "yum install hdp-select". This will make sure you have access to download packages from internet/local repository.

Let me know if that works from cli.

Contributor

Yes. I did use the local repository. It seems i did not change the local repository under /etc/yum.repos.d. After i added, i have restarted the installation (wiped out the ambari repository and created a a new one) and it seems progressing. Finger crossed till the completion.

Thanks

Explorer

Also for troubleshooting purposes you can always do "tail -f ambari-server.log" under the "/var/log/ambari-server" directory (assuming default path was used for Ambari). This will give you a "scrolling view" of events logged by the Ambari server.

- Luis

I am also getting the same error like above, Any idea how to restart the installation again ?