Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

is there a way where we can share the zeppelin notebook in report mode and allow the user to run paragraphs provided he/she cannot see the code.

Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to find out the answer to the question whether it is possible to share zeppelin notebook to a user in report mode and allow him/her to run the paragraphs but user is not allowed to view the code or change the code.

Note:

1. when I provide only read permission to user and share it in report mode, user is able to view the notebook but not allowed the run the paragraphs.

2. when i provide both read and write permissions then user is not only allowed to run the code but also able to view the code and change the mode as well.

-let me know if further clarification is needed around my query.

@Timothy Spann @Paul Hargis @Kshitij Badani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@anjul tiwari

1. when I provide only read permission to user and share it in report mode, user is able to view the notebook but not allowed the run the paragraphs.

That is expected behavior. A person who has 'Read Only' permission will be able to view the notebook and the visualizations/tables but will not be able to run the paragraphs or change the code

2. when i provide both read and write permissions then user is not only allowed to run the code but also able to view the code and change the mode as well.

When you provide 'read' and 'write' permissions to the user, he will be able to change the code as well as he will be able to run the code. But he should not be allowed to change the 'mode'/'permissions' . Can you confirm if `zeppelin.anonymous.allowed` and `zeppelin.notebook.public` properties are set to 'false' ?

In any case, if I understand correctly - you want a mode where a person should not be able to read/modify code but he should still be able to run the code and visualize the results. This mode is not supported in Zeppelin currently.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@anjul tiwari

That is expected behavior. A person who has 'Read Only' permission will be able to view the notebook and the visualizations/tables but will not be able to run the paragraphs or change the code

When you provide 'read' and 'write' permissions to the user, he will be able to change the code as well as he will be able to run the code. But he should not be allowed to change the 'mode'/'permissions' . Can you confirm if `zeppelin.anonymous.allowed` and `zeppelin.notebook.public` properties are set to 'false' ?

In any case, if I understand correctly - you want a mode where a person should not be able to read/modify code but he should still be able to run the code and visualize the results. This mode is not supported in Zeppelin currently.

Contributor

Thanks @Kshitij Badani. you understood my query correctly. I need to check if i can make angular front end (lets say a Button) which user can click and run a angularBind paragraph in report mode where user has only read access. I will post my answer if I find that working.

New Contributor

I have the same question, are there any update/change for that in the new versions of Zeppelin? @Kshitij Badani @anjul tiwari