Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

not able to understand difference between GetTCP and ListenTCP

Expert Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks

I was trying to understand the difference between LIstenTCP and GetTCP, my understanding is that getTCP pulls tha data and listenTCP we have to push the data, is there any other difference?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dhieru singh

The GetTCP processor does not pull the data, it simply connects to the configured endpoint and then reads the data on that endpoint.

The ListenTCP processor waits for the incoming TCP connection and then reads the data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

GetTCP - Connects over TCP to the provided endpoint(s). Received data will be written as content to the FlowFile

ListenTCP- Listens for incoming TCP connections and reads data from each connection using a line separator as the message demarcator.

Ref:-

https://nifi.apache.org/docs.html

Expert Contributor

@avoma thanks for the reply, appreciate your help. This helps however to my understanding getTCP pulls the data from endpoints and listenTCP reads that data which pushed to that nifi node am I correct? Please help

@dhieru singh

The GetTCP processor does not pull the data, it simply connects to the configured endpoint and then reads the data on that endpoint.

The ListenTCP processor waits for the incoming TCP connection and then reads the data.

Explorer

@Wynner 

What do you mean "pull the data" and "reads the data" with GetTCP processor?