Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

only some sqoop jobs ask for password when running through oozie

Expert Contributor

I have configured sqoop-site.xml to record passwords and am running my sqoop jobs through oozie. Yet only some of the sqoop jobs out of all fail with the error:

- Error executing statement: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'10.10.10.9' (using password: NO)

How could that be? If passwords are recorded, why would it say (using password :NO) and why would only few of the jobs would fail?

I delete the job and re-run it, it works fine but then after a couple of runs, same problem arises.Then if I try to run it from command line, it still asks password until I delete and recreate the job and thus the cycle repeats.

My sqoop jobs look like this:

sqoop job --meta-connect jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://FQDN:16000/sqoop --create SAMPLE_job -- import --connect 'jdbc:mysql://IP/DB?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull' --username USERNAME --password 'PASSWORD' --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --table TABLE --incremental lastmodified --check-column FIELD --merge-key FIELD --split-by FIELD  --hive-import --hive-overwrite --hive-database DBNAME
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Alright. It was pretty tricky and unintuitive but I have shared an elaborate solution here:

http://www.yourtechchick.com/sqoop/sqoop-job-fails-to-record-password-after-running-for-the-first-ti...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@sameer lail

it seems password less ssh is having problem for connecting all the nodes from Oozie server.

I think you have to set password less ssh for Oozie user as well.

Expert Contributor

I am not using password less ssh.but what would be the solution to it? @Divakar Annapureddy

Expert Contributor

Alright. It was pretty tricky and unintuitive but I have shared an elaborate solution here:

http://www.yourtechchick.com/sqoop/sqoop-job-fails-to-record-password-after-running-for-the-first-ti...