Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing error

Expert Contributor

I am getting following error while listing table from hbase shell. Below is error list-

[root@data1 hbase]# hbase shell SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings. SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.0.0-169/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.4.0.0-169/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation. SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory] HBase Shell; enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands. Type "exit<RETURN>" to leave the HBase Shell Version 1.1.2.2.4.0.0-169, r61dfb2b344f424a11f93b3f086eab815c1eb0b6a, Wed Feb 10 07:08:51 UTC 2016 hbase(main):001:0> list TABLE ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.checkInitialized(HMaster.java:2314) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterRpcServices.getTableDescriptors(MasterRpcServices.java:853) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterProtos$MasterService$2.callBlockingMethod(MasterProtos.java:53136) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2114) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:101) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:130) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:107) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hdfs directory structure---

[root@data1 hbase]# hdfs dfs -ls /apps/hbase Found 2 items drwxr-xr-x - hbase hdfs 0 2016-04-04 05:07 /apps/hbase/data drwx--x--x - hbase hdfs 0 2016-03-31 08:12 /apps/hbase/staging

Please let me know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Raja Ray In the future, please use the attachments feature instead of pasting raw logs. They're not easily readable with the WYSIWYG rendering.

Your master2 node doesn't seem to have any errors, which means it may just be slow to start. You can try taking a thread dump of the master while it's in this initialization state to see what it is stuck doing (jstack, HBase web UI, or `kill -3 <pid>`). There are no obvious errors in the logs (as you can also see) as to why the process has not yet fully started.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Expert Contributor

Hi @Raja Ray

We are also getting the same issue when I try to fix the hbase issue using -fix .

we are getting error "ERROR: java.io.IOException: Table Namespace Manager not ready yet, try again later" while creating a hbase table

Expert Contributor

@Josh Elser

Please guide here

Expert Contributor

This issue is solved now . Thanks

Contributor

how was the issue resolved?

could you please provide some information.

Explorer

I am also getting the same issue and restarted zookeeper and then region server and then hbase master but issue didn't resolve.

Even I have deleted hbase znode but still issue is there.

Regards,

Satya