Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

putSFTP processor - troubleshooting help

hi ,

I have a very Simple flow - where i want to upload file to a server using putSFTP processor , I have getFile -> putSFTP . The putSFTP processor configuration looks like below

Hostname

apsrt14545

Port

Username

jshhhh

Password Sensitive value set Private Key Path No value set Private Key Passphrase No value set Remote Path

/home/jshhhh

The putSFTP is not erroring out - I dont get any errors - but it does not complete ( it times out) . How do I troubleshoot this issue ?

Thank you

Juthika

5 REPLIES 5

I have created a public and private key for sftp communication -

I have updated the processor with the private key, passphase and Host key information as below -

Password Sensitive value set Private Key Path

/home/jshenoy/.ssh/id_rsa

Private Key Passphrase

Host Key File

/home/jshenoy/.ssh/known_hosts

I dont get any error still but the putSFTP is not working - Could you pls help ?

@Juthika Shenoy

Have you manually tried to sftp to the remote system using the private key from the command line of the system running NiFi? Usually, the first time you connect to a system you are prompted to accept the key.

Yes - I have tried that , I am prompted for the passphrase and I have provided the same in the configuration

- Juthika

New Contributor

I had issues with the PutSFTP processor(though using nifi 1.2.0) due to some authentication error, strange thing is that I created custom PutSFTP processor and it works.

Other user experienced similar issue http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/NIFI-PutSFTP-Auth-Fail-td15236.html.

Kind of sucks that Jsch is horrible for end user to configure logging. The codebase of 1.2 has a class called SFTPUtils which does configure a logger for jsch, but looks like the PutSFTP processor itself is not using the SFTPUtils class and nor has a jsch logger configured.

Explorer

I am having a simple flow where I am fetching the creds for SFTP from DB and then uploading a file using the putSFTP but I am getting UnknownHostException error on PutSFTP processor.

I see the creds are being fetched - I see them in logs and also tried connecting to the Server using FileZilla (creds are correct ..no space etc all good with that)..

Also I tried hardcoding the creds in PutSFTP and still it did not work.

can someone please guide me..