Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"500 User: root is not allowed to impersonate admin" error

Expert Contributor

I have created a "Files" view successfully. But, when I click on the file view, I see the following error on the top

500 User: root is not allowed to impersonate admin

I know this has to do something with impersonation. I read this post in hortonworks community to understand the cause and fix for this issue https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/153/impersonation-error-while-trying-to-access-ambari.ht...

As suggested in the above thread, I am trying to set the hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups and hadoop.proxyuser.root.host, through the advance config under "HDFS -> Configs -> Advanced" tab. But I am not able to find the above two properties under "Advanced core-site" section. I only see ProxyUserGroups property under "Advanced hadoop-env" section, but I am not sure whether this is the property I need to change. Anybody has any idea about this issue and how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

Expert Contributor

Okay, but I do not find the "Add Property.." button to add new property. Where is this button? I know I am overlooking something :(.

Master Mentor

2230-screen-shot-2016-02-17-at-101714-am.png

See this @Pradeep kumar

Master Mentor

Ambari

HDFS --> Configs --> Advanced ....scroll down

Expert Contributor

Thanks Neeraj. It was my mistake that I didn't read the section name clearly. I have added the two new properties, restarted the components suggested by Ambari and I am able to access the file view without any error!.

Master Mentor

add it as custom core-site.xml property @Pradeep kumar

Master Mentor

@Pradeep kumar do you have an add blocker or popup blocker? Refresh the browser, the button to add custom property should be on the bottom.

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits I was looking under "Advanced core-site" section in Ambari, which was my mistake. It was under "Custom core-site" section. Since Neeraj posted the answer first, I have accepted his answer. Thanks anyway 🙂

Master Mentor

@Pradeep kumar no worries, he has faster wifi connection