Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"Cluster is still in the process of voting on the appropriate Data Flow." on single HDF Sandbox docker image

Contributor

I'm getting the error "Cluster is still in the process of voting on the appropriate Data Flow." on the sandbox HDF docker image. Not really sure how to troubleshoot this, I'm not familiar with NiFi or HDF at all. Suggestions appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

Super Collaborator

Is there a specific tutorial that you're working on?
Please describe the steps taken so we can attempt to reproduce.

Contributor

Not doing any tutorials, just trying to get to nifi at my_server:9090/nifi from my web browser and I get the error stated above

Guru

@Andrew Riffle

Looks like there are some possibly helpful troubleshooting tips on this topic/question here:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/82213/nifi-cluster-startup-exception-cluster-is-still-in...

Contributor

Thanks but I saw that before I posted, but since he's got more than 1 node in his cluster his error makes sense. I am trying to get 1 node to connect to itself and it can't in a vanilla docker install.

Hey @Andrew Riffle, wondering if you got around this. If not, could I suggest removing the docker container and re-creating it? I've deployed HDF a bunch of times and don't think I've come across this on the sandbox before.

Contributor

That's how I ended up solving it, must have been a fluke

Super Mentor
@Andrew Riffle

If this is just a standalone NiFi installation, change the following property in the nifi.properties file to false:

nifi.cluster.is.node=false

Then restart your NiFi instance.

-

Thanks,

Matt

Contributor

Nice thanks, I figured there had to be a way to tell it that it was a solo node but I just wasn't phrasing it right for google apparently. Though the problem ended up being solved with a simple delete/reinstall.