Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

" Please install and upgrade the Stack Version " during manual upgrade

Expert Contributor

[EDIT: Solved - but I am leaving the question in case anyone else hits the strange error message]

I am upgrading a HDP cluster from 2.2 to 2.3 using a manual upgrade process.

I have reached the end and perform the final step but ambari tells me that two of my machines are not upgraded. I can't see what the problem is, nor can I fix it. Any ideas?

[root@hdp01 hdp]# ambari-server set-current --cluster-name=owalhdp --version-display-name=HDP-2.3.0.0

Using python /usr/bin/python2.6

Setting current version...

Enter Ambari Admin login: admin

Enter Ambari Admin password:

ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1.

REASON: Error during setting current version. Http status code - 500. { "status" : 500, "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: Finalization failed. More details: \nSTDOUT: Begin finalizing the upgrade of cluster owalhdp to version 2.3.0.0-2557\nThe following 2 host(s) have not been upgraded to version 2.3.0.0-2557. Please install and upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.\nHosts: hdp01.FQDN, hdp04.FQDN\n\nSTDERR: The following 2 host(s) have not been upgraded to version 2.3.0.0-2557. Please install and upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.\nHosts: hdp01.FQDN, hdp04.FQDN\n" }

Now nothing in my manual process really tells me how to install and upgrade the Stack Version on individual hosts so I am at a loss for what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

OK, sorry I solved this. I discovered that Sqoop client was on those two machines - and had not been restarted. I may have forgotten it when doing it manually.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

OK, sorry I solved this. I discovered that Sqoop client was on those two machines - and had not been restarted. I may have forgotten it when doing it manually.