Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

telnet connection refused

I was learning flume agent. my flume agent was listening to localhost and port 2222. I was able to telnet successfully and see the logs captured by flume agent.

Suddently I noticed, some messages (jobs stopped. Reset Adapter). After that I am not able to telnet to localhost port 2222. I tried from scratch, removing sandbox and import it again. I still have the same problem. Now I am stuck with telnet issue and doesnt know how to troubleshoot or fix the issue. I tried all the possibilities, import the sandbox, again, check network settings, cable connected, port forwarding. no luck. can some one help me get rid of this.

I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hello @Ramkumar Rajaman ,

Could you please provide us the output of below command

# netstat -tnlp | grep 2222

Also if possible please check Link as it might be helpful to you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

telnet: connect to address ::1: Cannot assign requested address

16764-2017-07-09-13-55-42-hortonworks-docker-sandbox-hdp.png

Rising Star

Hello @Ramkumar Rajaman ,

Could you please provide us the output of below command

# netstat -tnlp | grep 2222

Also if possible please check Link as it might be helpful to you.

Hello Bansal, Thanks for your reply.

the statement returned nothing.

I think i figured out what the issue is. no agent listening to that port. when flume listens, telnet works.

When I start the Flume agent and when the agent is running/listening to the port 2222 in localhost, my telnet works without any issues. as soon as i kill my flume agent , telnet stops working. looks like I got some understanding on how flume agent works. will continue my learning ..

Thanks,

Ram