Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

unable to read hiveserver2 configs from zookeeper (state=,code=0)

Contributor

Hi all, I have installed ambari and every service was running good, but im getting 2 alerts on hive. i tried to resolve but i'm unable to do that. can anyone help me out?

- i'm able to login to mysql and beeline also.

==================

Hive error

==========================================================================================

root@ARIES-HDP-WNODE1:/etc# beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://aries-hdp-wnode1.ariessystem.us:2181,aries-hdp-mnode.ariessystem.us:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2" Connecting to jdbc:hive2://aries-hdp-wnode1.ariessystem.us:2181,aries-hdp-mnode.ariessystem.us:2181/;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2 Error: org.apache.hive.jdbc.ZooKeeperHiveClientException: Unable to read HiveServer2 configs from ZooKeeper (state=,code=0) Beeline version 1.2.1000.2.6.5.0-292 by Apache Hive 0: jdbc:hive2://aries-hdp-wnode1.ariessystem. (closed)>

==============================================================================================

Here i attach the hive server log and alert pictures from ambarihive-metastore-log.txt

hive-alert1.pnghive-alert-2.pngalert-3.png

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Deepak SANAGAPALLI!
Could you check your mysql connector?

#[root@node1 ~]# ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=mysql --jdbc-driver=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar #I made my setup with this jdbc-driver
#Finding my jar
[root@node1 ~]# find / -name "mysql-connector-java.jar" -type f
/tmp/mysql-connector-java.jar
/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mysql-connector-java.jar
[root@node1 ~]# ls -ltrah /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mysql-connector-java.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 864K Jul 26 23:48 /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mysql-connector-java.jar
[root@node1 ~]# ls -ltrah /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 864K Jul 26 22:52 /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

In this case, you'll have to use the following options:

apt-get install -y mysql-connector-java_8.0.12-1ubuntu18.04_all.deb
#or if you're using a minor version of Ubuntu
apt-get install -y mysql-connector-java_8.0.12-1ubuntu16.04_all.deb

If the issue persists, you can try to download it manually
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/

Hope this helps!

Contributor

Hi @Vinicius Higa Murakami , i'm currently using Ubuntu 14.04 i don't see that option in MySQL.com when I'm trying to download manually and when i ran the command by changing the version to

apt-get install -y mysql-connector-java_8.0.12-1ubuntu14.04_all.deb, I'm getting the following error.mysql-error2.png can you please help me out.

Hi @Deepak SANAGAPALLI.
Try to install using this command:

apt-get install libmysql-java
Hope this helps!

Contributor

Hi @Vinicius Higa Murakami , i ran that command and it got installed. can you please tell me what steps to be performed next.sqllib-java.png

@Deepak SANAGAPALLI, now you should see the mysql-connector-java.jar under the libmysql-java.
You can try to find it with the following command:

find / -name "mysql-connector*" -type f -exec ls -ltrah {} \;

If you are able to see it, then just follow the instruction inside that documentation link.

Explorer

Could you please let us know which documentation you are talking about?

Contributor

Thanks a lot @Vinicius Higa Murakami @Geoffrey Shelton Okot issue resolved. i appreciate for helping me.

Hi @Deepak SANAGAPALLI!
Glad to hear that! Keep it up with your HiveServer and let us know if you find any other issues 🙂
Thanks