Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

will be new release of HDP after the merge with cloudera?

Contributor

i really love hdp especially ambari . could somebody answer my question since i noticed no more new hdp release for a while.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@dalin qin

According to reliable sources from both HWX and CDH the new platform will since the merger was sealed with being called Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) a concatenation of (HDP and CDH). Hortonworks will not release a new major version or any version between now and then. The last HDP release is and will remain the 3.x which is being used as the base for integration with the CDH5.

Having said that you should familiarise yourself the 2 versions HDP 3.x and CDH 5 because the knowledge you will acquire will be transportable to the new CDP, I am sure for stability there won't be some new fancy stuff outside these 2 version rumours have it that Ambari will disappear in favor of Cloudera Manager CM but I pray they put sentry to sleep as Ranger is far better and atlas.

Having said that there are too many moving parts to have a final list of components of the new CDP... the Cloudera CEO is gone just too soon ...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@dalin qin

According to reliable sources from both HWX and CDH the new platform will since the merger was sealed with being called Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) a concatenation of (HDP and CDH). Hortonworks will not release a new major version or any version between now and then. The last HDP release is and will remain the 3.x which is being used as the base for integration with the CDH5.

Having said that you should familiarise yourself the 2 versions HDP 3.x and CDH 5 because the knowledge you will acquire will be transportable to the new CDP, I am sure for stability there won't be some new fancy stuff outside these 2 version rumours have it that Ambari will disappear in favor of Cloudera Manager CM but I pray they put sentry to sleep as Ranger is far better and atlas.

Having said that there are too many moving parts to have a final list of components of the new CDP... the Cloudera CEO is gone just too soon ...

The above was originally posted in the Community Help Track. On Sun Jun 9 15:04 UTC 2019, a member of the HCC moderation staff moved it to the Cloud & Operations track. The Community Help Track is intended for questions about using the HCC site itself.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.