Intros and Suggestions

Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Change company information in support profile

Reader

Hello Team,

I have a situation here.

When I created my support profile using my company email address, it gave me an option to select a company as my company (i.e. xxxxx) have multiple support accounts. I selected the correct and relevant company i.e. (xxxx Group) for me and since then it was all working fine.

This morning when I logged in to the support portal, it automatically updated my company information to (xxx India) and now it does not allows me to go back to my original company selection.

Having company as (xxxx India) is irrelevant to my profile and due to this I have lost tracking and visibility to all the support cases raised with Cloudera under company (xxxxx Group).

Please help me to get my company information on my profile reverted to my original selection.

P.S.: All the other team members of my team still has their company selected as (xxxx Group).

Thanks

Sunil M.

7 REPLIES 7

Community Manager

Hi @SunilM,

I'll reach out via private message.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Hi, i also want to change my company name in support profile. but there is no option to change it. So how do i change my copany name in cloudera profile.

Community Manager

Hello @kavitha_p 

We use SSO so all authentication for customers, partners, employees, and community users is handled through your MyCloudera account.  When you first sign up for the Community, you create a MyCloudera account, then when you choose your community username the Cloudera Community account is created.

Only a small part of your MyCloudera profile is copied to your community account and this information is kept private.   Only your username and registration date are visible to other users unless you add more information to your Community profile.

To access your MyCloudera profile, you use the "person" icon in the upper right corner:

Screenshot_20190913_094955.png

From there you should be able to edit your Job info, including your Company:

Screenshot_20190913_095601.png

You can edit your community information by going to the community home page and clicking on your user icon in the right column and select "My Settings"

Screenshot_20190912_145718.png

From your community settings you can customize some of your personal information you wish to share on the community such as your About (biography), Location, Personal Website.

Please let us know if you are still unable to change your Company from your MyCloudera Profile. 

David Wilder, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Hi,

I had tried to change my company name in my profile. But the company field cannot be edited.

Community Manager
Thank you for the update. I've reached out via private message for more information.

New Contributor

Hello, I would like to change my email account. Thanks

Community Manager
Hi Tony,

I will reach out via private message