Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache spark image recognition

Contributor

Dear All,

May I ask a question about the software architecture.

I want to build an image recognition application with apache spark.

my original thining is that: 1. spring boot(RESTful API)-receive an image

2. spring boot send the image to spark

3. spark process the image and send the result to spring boot

4. spring boot send to users.

Is this a good way to develop such application?

are there any examples I can find?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bin Ye I recently presented image recognition using spark during meetup in Santiago, Chile. I've made code and presentation along with all necessary things to run the code public under github. Feel free to review it. I used Nifi to pull messages with images from twitter and send them to kafka topic. From there I used spark streaming to pull messages from topic and performed the image analysis. Finally I stored the results in hbase table.

https://github.com/felixalbani/future-of-data-santiago-e1-spark-nifi

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Bin Ye I recently presented image recognition using spark during meetup in Santiago, Chile. I've made code and presentation along with all necessary things to run the code public under github. Feel free to review it. I used Nifi to pull messages with images from twitter and send them to kafka topic. From there I used spark streaming to pull messages from topic and performed the image analysis. Finally I stored the results in hbase table.

https://github.com/felixalbani/future-of-data-santiago-e1-spark-nifi

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

Contributor

Dear Felix,

Many thanks for your reply. it really helps.

Bin Ye