Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Atlas Metadata Server Start Failure

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Atlas Metadata Server Start Failure

New Contributor

I am currently installing a cluster with HDP-2.5 and Ambari 2.4.1.0. After I installed Atlas the Metadata Server would not start correctly. Kafka, HBase and Ambari Infra, etc. are all installed and running.

I added the error messages for debugging. At this point I tried to install Atlas manually ("yum install atlas-metadata_2_5 ...), but it didnt helped. I also tried to start the Server via atlas_start.py which gave me the same exact errmsg.

If anybody could advise me I would be grateful.

output-712.txt

errors-712.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Atlas Metadata Server Start Failure

New Contributor

Ohh boy, this was a wild ride. So I solved this problem, for people who have the same problem, here is my workaround.

The python scripts need your JAVA_HOME to be set. Lets say mine was set at /java/home

In the atlas_config.py, the method jar(path) uses the function os.environ.get(JAVA_HOME, None) to get your JAVA_HOME variable.

As in the example, it was set at /java/home, but the function os.environ.get() was giving me /java/home/jre as my JAVA_HOME variable. I really dont know where os.environ.get() is searching for your envrionment variables, but mine was set globally to /java/home.

Anyway, here is what I added to the second line in the definition of the jar function in the atlas_config.py file:

java_home = "ACUTAL JAVA HOME PATH"

If you know what could have caused the wrong output of os-environ.get feel free to tell me.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Atlas Metadata Server Start Failure

New Contributor

Ohh boy, this was a wild ride. So I solved this problem, for people who have the same problem, here is my workaround.

The python scripts need your JAVA_HOME to be set. Lets say mine was set at /java/home

In the atlas_config.py, the method jar(path) uses the function os.environ.get(JAVA_HOME, None) to get your JAVA_HOME variable.

As in the example, it was set at /java/home, but the function os.environ.get() was giving me /java/home/jre as my JAVA_HOME variable. I really dont know where os.environ.get() is searching for your envrionment variables, but mine was set globally to /java/home.

Anyway, here is what I added to the second line in the definition of the jar function in the atlas_config.py file:

java_home = "ACUTAL JAVA HOME PATH"

If you know what could have caused the wrong output of os-environ.get feel free to tell me.