Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't find hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.size in Ambari UI , Please suggest a way to change this config in HBase.

Explorer

kumarkeshav_0-1602140492184.png

When search in filter then it shows nothing

kumarkeshav_1-1602140521139.png

Here it should be below read buffer but its not. HDP version : 3.0.1 , Ambari Version: 2.7.3.0

Please suggest , how ambari generate hbase-site.xml, is there a way so that i can directly change in backend file and it will reflect everywher?

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@kumarkeshav 

The parameter you are looking for hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.size is found in the 

hbase-site.xml

hbase.JPG

I don't know where this value can be separately edit or centrally by Ambari

Explorer

Thanks for your reply mate, but i know where to find this config, but i can't change it every time because ambari does have its main configuration and when ambari start hbase then it will replace config, so i need to change it by ambari or change directly in config wherever ambari store its service's configuratio.

Super Collaborator

Hi @kumarkeshav 

Your Observation is Correct. The Config isn't exposed via Ambari v2.7.x yet adding the same via Custom HBase-Site.XML is prohibited with the "This property is already defined in this configuration file" message. The same isn't an issue with Ambari v2.6.x, wherein the concerned Write Limit is exposed. 

I am not familiar with the Exact Location in Ambari DB, wherein the concerned Parameter is exposed to be manually over-written. The Simplest Solution is the one you are possibly using i.e. Edit the XML for the RegionServer directly & restart them manually to ensure they are picking up the concerned Updated Configuration. However, this isn't practical in a Large Env unless an Automation Tool is used. 

If I come across an Easier Fix, I shall update you in the Post. 

- Smarak

Explorer

Thanks for the reply @smdas.