Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Agent deploying wrong configuration

Explorer

Hi,

I'm facing problems when I change the configuration of any service via CM, because the deployed instance at /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process is aways created with the old configuration.

I have already tried `service cloudera-scm-agent clean_restart_confirmed` before to deploy the client configuration, but with no effect. The new path with the necessary files are aways with outdated configuration.

I rebooted the machine, but the problem persists.

What more should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer
[Solved]
It was necessary to stop all roles running at the server.
kill -9 on some remaining process (sudo lsof +d /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process showed these processes)
I download the cloudera-scm-agent from its mirror (respecting my scenarios version)
Executed:
sudo service cloudera-scm-agent stop
sudo umount /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process

Reinstalled the cloudera-scm-agent package and executed:
sudo service cloudera-scm-agent clean_restart

This solved the issue.

Obs.: Some roles where unpacked at var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process with corrupted files (e.g.. hue.ini with +8GB size and the dir path repeated many many times into it's content)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer
[Solved]
It was necessary to stop all roles running at the server.
kill -9 on some remaining process (sudo lsof +d /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process showed these processes)
I download the cloudera-scm-agent from its mirror (respecting my scenarios version)
Executed:
sudo service cloudera-scm-agent stop
sudo umount /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process

Reinstalled the cloudera-scm-agent package and executed:
sudo service cloudera-scm-agent clean_restart

This solved the issue.

Obs.: Some roles where unpacked at var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process with corrupted files (e.g.. hue.ini with +8GB size and the dir path repeated many many times into it's content)

Explorer

HI rafaelpecin,

I was struggling since 2 days...

Thank you very much for your answer.