Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Configure ambari.properties using blueprint?

New Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to configure /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties by blueprint? I haven't managed to find any code examples. Specifically, I want to configure ldap authentication which requires changing numerous settings in this file. If possible, in which attribute under "configurations" would I place them in the blueprint json?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

It is not possible to configure the Ambari Server instance (ambari.properties) via Blueprints. The idea is Ambari Server is already setup and configured, then you use Blueprints for cluster install.

You'll need to automate running "ambari-server setup-ldap" (and the other Ambari Server setup commands), or handle modifying the ambari.properties file to get the Ambari Server configured how you want. Then use the Server with a Blueprint for cluster install.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

It is not possible to configure the Ambari Server instance (ambari.properties) via Blueprints. The idea is Ambari Server is already setup and configured, then you use Blueprints for cluster install.

You'll need to automate running "ambari-server setup-ldap" (and the other Ambari Server setup commands), or handle modifying the ambari.properties file to get the Ambari Server configured how you want. Then use the Server with a Blueprint for cluster install.

Hope this helps.