Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Deploying hadoop cluster

New Contributor

I want to set up hadoop cluster where i want master node and few slave node to be in some country and remaining slave nodes sitting in different country. Is it possible to deploy this? Is there any article or tutorial which might help me to get the solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Hi @Kabirdas B K yes that's possible, you can just add remote nodes like local nodes, and yes you can set rack awareness, but it's not recommended because the performance, for example when running jobs can be very poor. Here is one such experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

Of course that possible. This doc could help you Topology scripts are used by Hadoop to determine the rack location of nodes

Topology configuration

Master Guru

Hi @Kabirdas B K yes that's possible, you can just add remote nodes like local nodes, and yes you can set rack awareness, but it's not recommended because the performance, for example when running jobs can be very poor. Here is one such experience.

Master Guru

This! You can but you shouldn't. Cross-datacenter hadoop clusters do not perform. Don't do it.

Use data replication software like DistCP or Falcon to sync clusters in different data centers instead.

Master Mentor

Do not do it! @Kabirdas B K

Master Mentor
@Kabirdas B K

I don't recommend doing this. It's possible but not the best practice. You can setup DR using Falcon or WanDisco.