Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error 403 Unauthorized request in Solr Admin UI

Expert Contributor

I have HDP 2.6.1, Ambari 2.5.1, Ambari-Infra, Kerberos, SolrCloud, No Ranger Solr Plugin enabled.

I can see Ranger Audit logs updating. Also, I can access Solr Admin UI using Spnego Authentication. But I got an error while querying or viewing files in Solr UI. IF I disable Spnego Authentication, every thing works fine. Need help to find root cause of the issue

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
<title>Error 403 Unauthorized request, Response code: 403</title>
</head>
<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 403</h2>
<p>Problem accessing /solr/ranger_audits/select. Reason:
<pre>    Unauthorized request, Response code: 403</pre></p><hr><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><hr/>

</body>
</html>

21413-screen-shot-2017-07-24-at-72014-pm.png

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

Are you using the Ambari Infra Solr, if so there are a property "Ranger audit service users" in Ambari infra, add your user in there and check.

Contributor

Hello @Pravin Bhagade

Could you please share the process how to disable spengo authenitcation for Ambari Infra-solr?

Contributor

Hi,

we are also facing the same issue with solr, Please let us know how you disabled spnego in solr for HDP 3.0.1

Thanks,

Expert Contributor

Hi @rajendra,

Disabling Spnego for Ambari Infra will affect Atlas Startup from Ambari UI. Because Atlas runs curl cmd over Infra using --negotiate option and doesn't get expected output, startup fails.

Do kinit with admin user and try to check.

or try setting up [domain_realm] in krb5.conf of infra server

Contributor

Hi, This is related to solr not infra solr.

We are in process of installing HDP search 4.0 which includes the solr 7.4 service. we have done installation but not able to access the solr UI as it throws below error. Please suggest to disable spnego authentication for solr not infra solr.

HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /solr/. Reason:

GSSException: Defective token detected (Mechanism level: GSSHeader did not find the right tag)

Explorer

got the same error, have you found the solution.