Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error while bootstrapping: Cannot run program "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/bootstrap.py": error=2, No such file or directory

Contributor

When I tried adding Host on Ambari 2.6.1.3, I encountered "Error while bootstrapping: Cannot run program "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server/bootstrap.py": error=2, No such file or directory" in "Confirm Hosts" step. This issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-22983 seems to relate this problem, but the patch in this issue did not work.

OS of all hosts to be added and the host Ambari Server running is CentOS7.3.

How can I solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
@toide

Ambari 2.6.1.3 is no longer a valid version and the communication sent out by Hortonworks, The issued BUG's were fixed in 2.6.1.5 to avoid any potential issues.

Thanks

Venkat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

As the fix is "prop_value = prop_value.replace("/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages", "/usr/lib/ambari-server/lib")", how about creating a symlink?

ln -s /usr/lib/ambari-server/lib /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages

Expert Contributor
@toide

Ambari 2.6.1.3 is no longer a valid version and the communication sent out by Hortonworks, The issued BUG's were fixed in 2.6.1.5 to avoid any potential issues.

Thanks

Venkat

Contributor

Thank you all!

OK. I'll upgrade Ambari to 2.6.1.5 ASAP.

The solution that Hajime showed also worked with a trivial modification.

ln -s /usr/lib/ambari-server/lib/ambari_server /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server