Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

FetchFile in nifi

109614-untitled.pngI would be passing attribute to fetchfile processor to fetch file names that match my criteria

Attribute from previous processor: ps_address.txt

File to be fetched: SSMP_XXCY_PS_ADDRESS_2019_06_27.txt

May I know how to pass parameter to fetch file so that this gets picked up? I tried entering * as pattern match but it didn't work. any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Khaja

4 REPLIES 4

@Shu : In my case, I cant use listfile+fetchfile as mentioned above. I have to get part of file name and pass that to fetchfile. is it possible to fetch as I mentioned in my initial thread

Master Guru

@Khaja Mohd

Use GetFile processor as this processor allows to keep specific patterns.

Refer this link for configuring GetFile processor to use with File Filter patterns.

Thanks Shu. I was not successful with that in my scenario. Here is my flow. Get file names first from list of files and then pass that filenames with pattern match to next flow . GetFile(Where file names are present) --> Extract Text(Retreive Filenames. Used Attributes with delimiter to get filenames)--> Pass it to Next Processor . Cannot connect ExtractText to GetFIle so tried FetchFile but stuck with pattern match.

The above question and the entire response thread below was originally posted in the Community Help track. On Sun Jun 30 21:03 UTC 2019, a member of the HCC moderation staff moved it to the Data Ingestion & Streaming track. The Community Help Track is intended for questions about using the HCC site itself, not technical questions about Nifi processors.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.