Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP HBASE Classpath

Expert Contributor

I am reading "Enable the Atlas Book & Bridge for Apache HBase" https://atlas.apache.org/Hook-HBase.html, and get stuck on the step below

Link Atlas hook jars in HBase classpath - 'ln -s <atlas package>/hook/hbase/* <hbase-home>/lib/'

Where is the HBase classpath in HDP?

I checked the file hbase_site.xml but still got lost. From the file,

# Extra Java CLASSPATH elements. Optional.
export HBASE_CLASSPATH=${HBASE_CLASSPATH}

Is the classpath env variable specified somewhere else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @Seaport 

If you're using ambari, Enable Atlas Hook should take case of that. In addition to that, follow the steps below:

1. cp /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/atlas-application.properties /etc/hbase/conf
  2. get a valid ticket from atlas user
  3. export HBASE_CONF_DIR=/usr/hdp/current/hbase-client/conf
  4. In ambari > hbase > advanced hbase-site add: hbase.coprocessor.master.classes=org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor, org.apache.atlas.hbase.hook.HBaseAtlasCoprocessor (Restart required).
  5. Finally run: /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook-bin/import-hbase.sh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi @Seaport 

If you're using ambari, Enable Atlas Hook should take case of that. In addition to that, follow the steps below:

1. cp /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/atlas-application.properties /etc/hbase/conf
  2. get a valid ticket from atlas user
  3. export HBASE_CONF_DIR=/usr/hdp/current/hbase-client/conf
  4. In ambari > hbase > advanced hbase-site add: hbase.coprocessor.master.classes=org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor, org.apache.atlas.hbase.hook.HBaseAtlasCoprocessor (Restart required).
  5. Finally run: /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook-bin/import-hbase.sh

Expert Contributor

@ManuelCalvo Thanks.

Your solution works. My environment does not have Kerberos and Ranger enabled. So,

• I skipped step 2
  • For step 4, hbase.coprocessor.master.classes = org.apache.atlas.hbase.hook.HBaseAtlasCoprocessor

Also, as I found out, Atlas currently only stores HBase metadata and does not store HBase lineage data as it does for Hive.