Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP HBASE Classpath

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

HDP HBASE Classpath

Contributor

I am reading "Enable the Atlas Book & Bridge for Apache HBase" https://atlas.apache.org/Hook-HBase.html, and get stuck on the step below

Link Atlas hook jars in HBase classpath - 'ln -s <atlas package>/hook/hbase/* <hbase-home>/lib/'

Where is the HBase classpath in HDP?

I checked the file hbase_site.xml but still got lost. From the file,

# Extra Java CLASSPATH elements. Optional.
export HBASE_CLASSPATH=${HBASE_CLASSPATH}

Is the classpath env variable specified somewhere else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: HDP HBASE Classpath

Contributor

Hi @Seaport 

If you're using ambari, Enable Atlas Hook should take case of that. In addition to that, follow the steps below:

1. cp /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/atlas-application.properties /etc/hbase/conf
  2. get a valid ticket from atlas user
  3. export HBASE_CONF_DIR=/usr/hdp/current/hbase-client/conf
  4. In ambari > hbase > advanced hbase-site add: hbase.coprocessor.master.classes=org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor, org.apache.atlas.hbase.hook.HBaseAtlasCoprocessor (Restart required).
  5. Finally run: /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook-bin/import-hbase.sh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Contributor

Hi @Seaport 

If you're using ambari, Enable Atlas Hook should take case of that. In addition to that, follow the steps below:

1. cp /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/conf/atlas-application.properties /etc/hbase/conf
  2. get a valid ticket from atlas user
  3. export HBASE_CONF_DIR=/usr/hdp/current/hbase-client/conf
  4. In ambari > hbase > advanced hbase-site add: hbase.coprocessor.master.classes=org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor, org.apache.atlas.hbase.hook.HBaseAtlasCoprocessor (Restart required).
  5. Finally run: /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/hook-bin/import-hbase.sh

View solution in original post

Contributor

@ManuelCalvo Thanks.

Your solution works. My environment does not have Kerberos and Ranger enabled. So,

• I skipped step 2
  • For step 4, hbase.coprocessor.master.classes = org.apache.atlas.hbase.hook.HBaseAtlasCoprocessor

Also, as I found out, Atlas currently only stores HBase metadata and does not store HBase lineage data as it does for Hive.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here