Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCA - Preparation

Explorer

Wondering if there is a forum for folks who are taking the HDPCA exam. I am interested in it and wondering if there are any in the same state. This would be to colloborate and share ideas for the preparation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

To fully prepare for an exam, I recommend two areas of focus:

1. You should be able to perform all of the exam objectives listed on our website
  2. You should attempt the corresponding practice exam

Taking the practice exam alone is not enough - it is only meant to give you an idea of what the exam environment is like and what the tasks are like. To be fully prepared, you should be able to perform every task listed in the exam objectives.

Good idea! I like the idea of collaborating and sharing ideas for exam prep, as long as everyone is careful not to share actual exam details - which would be a violation of the candidate agreement. The best way to collaborate would be here on the Hortonworks Community Connection and tagging all posts with "HDPCA". I will start tagging exam posts as they come in.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor
@Satish Venkat

See this https://community.hortonworks.com/search.html?f=&type=question+OR+idea+OR+repo+OR+kbentry&redirect=s...

There is no dedicated topic but you can post it under Sandbox and Learning.

Guru

To fully prepare for an exam, I recommend two areas of focus:

1. You should be able to perform all of the exam objectives listed on our website
  2. You should attempt the corresponding practice exam

Taking the practice exam alone is not enough - it is only meant to give you an idea of what the exam environment is like and what the tasks are like. To be fully prepared, you should be able to perform every task listed in the exam objectives.

Good idea! I like the idea of collaborating and sharing ideas for exam prep, as long as everyone is careful not to share actual exam details - which would be a violation of the candidate agreement. The best way to collaborate would be here on the Hortonworks Community Connection and tagging all posts with "HDPCA". I will start tagging exam posts as they come in.

New Contributor

Few of us are giving the HDPCA exam this Thursday . We are done practicing all the tasks mentioned on the official site. I hope that will be enough to clear the exam. Also I had a few questions regarding the exam.

1. When we gave the practice exam it was very easy and there was no need to access the documentation. However for certain tasks such as Configuring Kerberos or Ranger we need to access the documentation to follow the steps.

2. Will we be provided with all the documentation links during the exam because in the practice exam we could not see any link or shortcut for the documentation.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi, Were you able to clear the exam ? Could you share your experience on how to prepare for HDPCA ? I have got a month to write exam . Thanks

Guru

You are given access to docs.hortonworks.com on the real exam, and that is the only website you can access.

The practice exam is meant to give you an idea of what the real exam tasks are like and also to become familiar with the environment of the real exam. It is not enough to pass the exam though. Like I said, to be fully prepared, you should be able to perform all of the tasks listed in the exam objectives on our website.

ok on docs.hortonworks.com, but wondering what websites you can access for the dev exam?

New Contributor

Good Day , I got not found the exam practice hdpca . Which is way ?

I got not found the exam practice ? Could send the way ?