Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to execute shell commands using ExecuteProcess processor in a kerberized environment ?

I have a Kerberized cluster and a shell script containing some sqoop commands. Can we use NiFi ExecuteProcess processor to execute this shell script ?

I don't want to use ExecuteSQL processor because sqoop script has some processing logic that can't be easily replicated in NiFi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Shishir Saxena execute process is intended for Linux commands, nifi is not a scheduling tool, you still need to use Oozie. Especially if you want to maintain order of your transactions. Oozie is still the solution for that with sqoop job maintaining the last record processed in the sqoop metastore

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Contributor

Hi, I got into very similar issue. Did you find a way to run shell with kerberos principal. We are trying to do the same, wrap the sqoop script inside shell and use ExecuteProcess processor. It fails to execute with GSS credentials exception.

We tried to start the nifi service with 'nifi' user that has nifi service principal. We want nifi to use user kerberos principal while running this sqoop script.

Any thoughts?