Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I don't see any YARN reports in Cloudera Manager

Explorer

Hello,

After running few sqoop jobs (medium sized jobs) , I tried to check the CPU usage using the charts-chart builder with the following SQL. 

SELECT
yarn_reports_containers_used_cpu FROM REPORTS
WHERE
category=SERVICE
AND clusterName=ETL_DEV;

I get the error that 

• No entities found matching filter 'clusterName = "ETL_DEV"' in 'SELECT yarn_reports_containers_used_cpu FROM REPORTS WHERE category=SERVICE AND clusterName=ETL_DEV'. 

I also don't see anything under clusters-utilization report- YARN. 

I did enable the yarn metrics collection with "Enable Container Usage Metrics Collection". 

Could you let me know if I am missing anything? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cloudera Employee
When enabling YARN Cluster Utilization Report. Please make sure that User and Pool are existing. Also make sure that the User is a linux user on all Hadoop nodes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Regarding the query, the "ETL_DEV" is probably the display name, so instead of

"AND clusterName=ETL_DEV"

you should try

"AND clusterDisplayName=ETL_DEV"

The fact, that nothing is displayed, is an indication that the configuration is not complete. Can you check that the directory, specified in "Cloudera Manager Container Usage Metrics Directory" is created in the HDFS and user defined in "Container Usage MapReduce Job User" has full permissions?

If not, then you will need to re-run the Create YARN Container Usage Metrics Dir command.

Cloudera Employee
When enabling YARN Cluster Utilization Report. Please make sure that User and Pool are existing. Also make sure that the User is a linux user on all Hadoop nodes.