Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I have installed one node HDP in my Vm's machine, When i start my ambari- server the following error message is shown ,, Help me out how to fix the issue.

Rising Star

[root@hdp ~]# ambari-server start Using python /usr/bin/python2 Starting ambari-server Ambari Server running with administrator privileges. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources... Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log Waiting for server start.................... ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1. REASON: Ambari Server java process died with exitcode 1. Check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out for more information. [root@hdp ~]# ambari-agent start Verifying Python version compatibility... Using python /usr/bin/python2 Checking for previously running Ambari Agent... ERROR: ambari-agent already running Check /var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid for PID. [root@hdp ~]# ambari-agent status Found ambari-agent PID: 3126 ambari-agent running. Agent PID at: /var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid Agent out at: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.out Agent log at: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As per the error, you need to check the logs to understand what's happening. The log is /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

If it doesn't make sense - don't hesitate to post them here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

As per the error, you need to check the logs to understand what's happening. The log is /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

If it doesn't make sense - don't hesitate to post them here.

Rising Star

log file:

ambarilog.txt

Guru

Hi @ANSARI FAHEEM AHMED ,

looks like you are using MySQL as underlying db, and you need to set property 'max_allowed_packet' in mysql config file.

With a default installation, it would be in file /etc/my.cnf , where you can add/set the property like e.g.:

max_allowed_packet=256M

Then restart mysql and give the ambar-server start another try.

HTH, best regards

Rising Star

Dear Gerd, I have set the above line in my.cnf file and restart mysqld but have same issue

[root@hdp etc]# vi my.cnf [root@hdp etc]# sudo systemctl restart mysqld

[root@hdp /]# ambari-server start

Using python /usr/bin/python2 Starting ambari-server Ambari Server running with administrator privileges. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources... Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log Waiting for server start.................... Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully.

[root@hdp /]# ambari-server status

Using python /usr/bin/python2 Ambari-server status Ambari Server not running. Stale PID File at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid