Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Installing Helium modules in Zeppelin

Hello,

Our data scientists are needing a few Helium modules available to Zeppelin. We are using Version 0.7.0.2.6.1.0-129.

1. volume leaflet
2. ultimate-heatmap-chart
3. ultimate-scatter-chart
4. ultimate-range-chart

I've pulled down the four requested modules plus their dependencies using npm and they downloaded to /root/node_modules, see attachments with listings. (node-modules-part1of2.txtnode-modules-part2of2.txt)

What do I do with the downloaded modules now?

The Zeppelin documentation only makes mention of installing the helium json file into zeppelin/helium directory but there's got to be more to it than that because these four modules many many dependencies as seen in the file listing.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

I was able to resolve my question. Here's the steps I followed in case others have a question about this.

After downloading the modules locally as I did above with

npm -i <modulename>

1. Copy the module directories to a directory where the zeppelin user will have access to. For example:

/groupCode/helium/

2. Edit the module json file Artifact key to point to the new location. For example, edit

/groupCode/helium/ultimate-heatmap-chart/ultimate-heatmap-chart.json

Artifact would be /groupCode/helium/ultimate-heatmap-chart

3. create a symlink from the modules json into $ZEPPELIN_HOME/helium. (I had to create the helium directory)

For example

ln -s /groupCode/helium/ultimate-heatmap-chart/ultimate-heatmap-chart.json $ZEPPELIN_HOME/helium/ultimate-heatmap-chart.json

4. restart Zeppelin in Ambari

5. Go to Zeppelin, choose Helium. Select your module choose Enable