Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issues adding RegionServers to datanodes

Contributor

Hello, I just installed Hbase RegionServers to 2 of my datanodes. I'm getting the following error when I start them on HDP 3.0:

esource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of '/usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver/bin/hbase-daemon.sh --config /usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver/conf start regionserver' returned 127. -bash: /usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: No such file or directory

What am I missing?

I installed them through Ambari.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Daniel Zafar

In ambari UI --> Hosts (Tab) --> Specific Host link --> Install Clients button should install the clients.

However you can try the following command manually on the problematic host to see if it fixes your issue:

# yum reinstall hbase* -y

After the reinstall you should see the following Symlink & Directories:

# ls -l /usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 27 Jul 21 08:14 /usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver -> /usr/hdp/3.0.0.0-1634/hbase

and

# ls -l /usr/hdp/3.0.0.0-1634/hbase
total 20
drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root  4096 Aug 14 23:21 bin
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root    25 Jul 21 08:15 conf -> /etc/hbase/3.0.0.0-1634/0
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root    61 Jul 21 08:14 doc
drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root    18 Jul 21 08:14 etc
drwxr-xr-x. 7 root root    80 Jul 21 08:14 hbase-webapps
drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root    20 Jul 21 08:14 include
drwxr-xr-x. 6 root root 12288 Jul 21 08:16 lib
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root    19 Jul 21 08:14 logs
drwxr-xr-x. 3 root root    18 Jul 21 08:14 man
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root    19 Jul 21 08:14 pids

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@Daniel Zafar As error states it appears like the file /usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver/bin/hbase-daemon.sh is not present in the host. can you login to that host and validate it?

@Daniel Zafar it seems like installation did not go through smooth - can you remove and install again?

Contributor

I have already removed and installed again once and it did not solve the issue.

Contributor

I tried another time and am still only showing the conf file present

Contributor

@amarnath reddy pappu

Yep I don't doubt that the message is correct, what do I do next? Only conf file is present:

[dzafar@MYSERVER03 ~]$ ls /usr/hdp/current/hbase-regionserver
conf

Master Mentor
@Daniel Zafar

Can you please check your "/var/log/yum.log" file to see if there is any issue logged while installing Region Server.

Can you please try reinstalling the Region Server on that host again to see if it fixes missing file issue.

Contributor
@Jay Kumar SenSharma

I didn't see an entry about the RegionServer. I tried deleting and installing again in Ambari and this did not result in anything different. Only the conf dir is present.

Master Mentor

@Daniel Zafar

Do you have the HBase client installed to that host as well?

Or can you try the following command manually on that host and tail the yum.log:

# yum reinstall hbase* -y

Contributor

I had to do a lot of fanagaling but this command ultimately solved my issues. Thanks! I did inadvertantly install hbase-master on one of the datanodes and it is not registered in Ambari. Should delete it? if so, `yum remove hbase-master` did not work. How would I do so?