Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issues with Single User authentication NiFi

Contributor

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The specified login identity provider class 'org.apache.nifi.authentication.single.user.SingleUserLoginIdentityProvider' is not known to this nifi.

I am trying to set up a nifi instance in a Ubuntu Server 22.04 machine.

It's been hours I've been tinkering with the configurations and xml files and still I'm getting the error above.

These are the configurations I am passing in the nifi.properties, authorizers.xml, login-identity-providers.xml and authorizations.xml files are in the screenshot below. I have tried specifying a user and password in the identity providers file but still nothing... 

nifi-config.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@linssab 
What version of Apache NiFi are you using and where did you download it from?  The Single-user-provider and single-user-authorizer where introduced to NiFi starring with Apache NiFi 1.16.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@linssab 
What version of Apache NiFi are you using and where did you download it from?  The Single-user-provider and single-user-authorizer where introduced to NiFi starring with Apache NiFi 1.16.

If you found that the provided solution(s) assisted you with your query, please take a moment to login and click Accept as Solution below each response that helped.

Thank you,

Matt

Contributor

Ok, now that makes sense. I downloaded from the official repository Index of /dist/nifi (apache.org)

and I'm using version 1.13.2 (due to some project requirements)