Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Metron Single Node AWS Deployment?

Rising Star

Hi, is it possible to deploy Metron on a single node (or maybe 3 node cluster at most) on AWS? We managed to follow the instructions to set up the 10 node AWS cluster but for exploration purposes we don't need such a large setup. Simply changing the number of hosts / roles in the playbook.yml file doesn't seem to work either as it breaks the installation at various points.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Managed to get this working by modifying:

/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2/playbook.yml
- include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1 host_type=sensors,ambari_master,metron_kafka_topics,metron_hbase_tables,metron,ec2,pcap_server,ambari_slave,web,mysql,search,enrichment

/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2/defaults.yml
instance_type: m4.4xlarge
cluster_type: single_node_vm

/metron-deployment/roles/ambari_config/var/single_node_vm.yml
groups: hosts: "{{groups.ambari_master}}"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star

Thanks for the link Mukesh. I have already followed that link and set up the 10 node AWS cluster. I was wondering if we could reduce the number of nodes in the cluster which isn't covered in the instruction guide.

Rising Star

Managed to get this working by modifying:

/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2/playbook.yml
- include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1 host_type=sensors,ambari_master,metron_kafka_topics,metron_hbase_tables,metron,ec2,pcap_server,ambari_slave,web,mysql,search,enrichment

/metron-deployment/amazon-ec2/defaults.yml
instance_type: m4.4xlarge
cluster_type: single_node_vm

/metron-deployment/roles/ambari_config/var/single_node_vm.yml
groups: hosts: "{{groups.ambari_master}}"

Contributor

Hi I'm also trying to deply metron on AWS. But I'm getting errors. Could you please help me out ?

17516-error.png