Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi - FetchSFTP error

Contributor

Hello,

In my NiFi flow, I am using a FetchSFTP processor to get files from a server. The first day I configured the processor it was working fine and was able to connect to the server and retrieve the files. However since then I have been getting the following error from the processor:

java.io.IOException: Failed to obtain connection to remote host due to com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down

No changes have been made to the processor's configuration and no changes have been made to the SFTP server. I am also still able to connect to the SFTP server via WinSCP; I am only having an issue with the FetchSFTP processor.

If anyone could provide some help towards debugging this issue it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@jstorck

Thanks for the response, but I was actually able to fix the problem a few days ago - I should have posted my solution.

The user was configured to to login and access a specific filepath. In my processor configuration I had the "remote file" property set to the full path as /path/to/file/${filename} when all I needed was ${filename}. But thanks for the response!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor
@Paras Mehta

Have you tried stopping FetchSFTP and starting it again? If so, does it work after restarting it? In the processor's configuration, is "Send Keep Alive On Timeout" set to true?

Contributor

@jstorck

Thanks for the response, but I was actually able to fix the problem a few days ago - I should have posted my solution.

The user was configured to to login and access a specific filepath. In my processor configuration I had the "remote file" property set to the full path as /path/to/file/${filename} when all I needed was ${filename}. But thanks for the response!

Expert Contributor

@Paras Mehta

Glad the issue has been resolved!