Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi MergeContent generating 2 output files instead of 1 file

Contributor

I'm using

1. GetDateandServer processor to fetch file names ,
  2. decompress the files ,
  3. remove header using executestreamcommand Process

Command arguments- 1d
Command path- sed 
IgnoreSTDIN_ False​

• MergeContent Processor to merge files

Merge strategy: Bin-Packing algorithm
    Merge format: Bin concatenation
    Merge data strategy: Do not merge uncommon metadata
    Min no of entries: 180
    Max no of entries: 1000
    Minimum Group Size: 60GB
    Max Bin age: 5 min
    Max no of bins: 1

• UpdateAttribute to Create a files name Compress files
  • putHDFS-To put data into HDFSMy problem is after ExecuteStreamcommand Processor is triggered in the queue I could see two positions with same valuequeue.png

For every half hour I should get 1 output file but I could see 2 files as output. NIFi is running on 3 nodes, and list queue on 2 nodes. Files running on node1 is merged as 1 file and files running on node 2 is fetched as 2nd file so I'm getting 2 files. Could you please let me know how to get one file Thank you in advance for your help

after merge.pngNote: I have posted the same question previously but I couldn't see it again so I posted again
  • @Nifi 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Sru111 ,

If possible, please update your nifi version to 1.11.4 or above. You can find load balancing option there. Otherwise, stick to your plan of using primary node only for FetchSFTP processor. You can still do it in your nifi using Remote Process Groups. But, it will become really complex with that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Hi @Sru111 ,

Screenshot from 2020-09-30 00-29-03.png
Consider the MergeContent processor in the picture as your MergeContent processor.

Configure the queue(here, 'success') that acts as the upstream queue for your MergeContent processor.

Screenshot from 2020-09-30 00-32-24.png

Select the load balance strategy as Single node, then you will get all the files as input to only one of the nodes.

(Optional)
You can configure the donwstream queue of MergeContent processor to have the load balance strategy as Round Robin, so that the files are distributed among all the nodes in the cluster.

Contributor

Thank you  @PVVK  for your solution, I am unable to view  the option load strategy in the queue before the mergecontent processor So I have done this. Previously the fetchSFTP was set to execute on all nodes and I changed the option to execute on Primary node. As a result I am getting single file now. Please correct if if I am wrong

Sru111_0-1601466876983.png

Also There is a delay while data is loading into HDFS using PUTHDFS Processor.After compression, while there is a change in size from MB to GB, it is being loaded after 1 hour.
Please find the screenshot below for your reference 

Sru111_0-1601456997796.png

Expert Contributor

Hi @Sru111,

Setting the FetchSFTP processor to run on primary node is fine.
But, if there are multiple files that you need to fetch from SFTP using the same processor, fetching of second file will happen only after you fetch first one (Similarly for the rest). But, you can fetch them simultaneously. So, using all the 3 nodes is preferred for FetchSFTP processor.

May I know which version of nifi you are using? I believe, load balance strategy was introduced in 1.11.0 (not sure) but, started working correctly in 1.11.4 version.

Regarding PutHDFS, I don't have a clue about it! Sorry!

Contributor

Thank you @PVVK .

My NiFi version is 1.5.0
If I set execute on all nodes in FetchSFTP,  Sometimes I am getting duplicate files fetched by different nodes

Expert Contributor

@Sru111 ,

If possible, please update your nifi version to 1.11.4 or above. You can find load balancing option there. Otherwise, stick to your plan of using primary node only for FetchSFTP processor. You can still do it in your nifi using Remote Process Groups. But, it will become really complex with that.