Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi's ConsumeAMQP RabbitMQ to HDFS

Contributor

Hortonworks post: Hi!

I wonder about the status of the ConsumeAMQP processor for NiFi since I am interested in consuming a live RabbitMQ stream.

This stream I am currently trying to consume is a live stream generated by a remote server. I am able to for example use a connector written as a Scala script to consume the stream. In the connector I configure some parameters:

factory.setUsername
factory.setPassword
factory.setVirtualHost
factory.setHost
factory.setPort

Following the channel, queue and binding declarations:

channel.exchangeDeclare
channel.queueDeclare
channel.queueBind

What I want to do is to be able to do is to set up NiFi in my virtual HDP 2.4 environment to consume the data stream and push it into HDFS, for example. NiFi's processor seems to be easy to configure. Here is a screenshot of the ConsumeAMQP processor's configuration:

6480-nifirabbit.png

Once I introduce the parameters needed and start the processor I get the following errors:

6481-nifirabbiterrors.png

6482-nifierror2rabbit.png

I am a little confused when it comes to how to configure the Queue correctly, since I am not able to introduce the channel nor bind it to the Queue. The issue is not a blocked firewall since I am using the same terminal I use to Connect to the Rabbit stream via an Scala script.

I have been looking around for some tutorial or documentation page for hortonworks and RabbitMQ wihtout success.

Any help / tips / pointers and comments could be of great help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

This could be due to auto-delete settings for queues, bindings and exchanges. I'd suggest to talk to your administrators or install a separate version of Rabbit that you can fully control.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Contributor

@Pierre Villard , I understand now. It is like you say a fairly simple situation. I have sent the adming an email requesting a permanent Queue to be defined. Do you recommend the Exchange to be set as "Direct" as well? or it is the same if it is defined as "topic"?

@Arturo Opsetmoen Amador, it really depends of your requirements and what will be pushing data to the queue, I recommend you to check this kind of details with your system admin depending of you are trying to achieve.

Contributor

Thanks a lot for the great help, @Pierre Villard !

Contributor

@Pierre Villard, my Scala script is just consuming from the remote stream (remote publisher). I am sure from the configurations for the Rabbit Connector I was given that the queue is not durable. I will contact the admins on the remote server / Publisher to see if it is possible to change the configs to a durable queue. Thanks a lot for Your help!

Contributor

This could be due to auto-delete settings for queues, bindings and exchanges. I'd suggest to talk to your administrators or install a separate version of Rabbit that you can fully control.

Contributor

Yes, @ozhurakousky ! I think you are right, the queue is set to auto-deletion ... I will be contacting the admins on the Publisher side 🙂 thank you!