Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi does not read data from the topic KAFKA on the SASL_SSL port.

New Contributor

There is a Quorum Kafka cluster with parameters.

listeners=PLAINTEXT://:9092,CONTROLLER://:9093, SASL_PLAINTEXT://:9094
security.inter.broker.protocol= SASL_PLAINTEXT
sasl.mechanism.inter.broker.protocol=PLAIN
sasl.enabled.mechanisms=PLAIN
allow.everyone.if.no.acl.found=true
super.users=User:admin
advertised.listeners=SASL_PLAINTEXT://:9092, PLAINTEXT://:9093

Here you can see that port 9094 is set to SASL_PLAINTEXT.

In nifi, I can write to a topic using the PublishKafka_2_6 processor, using port 9094.
Снимок экрана от 2023-05-22 14.29.49.pngСнимок экрана от 2023-05-22 14.30.02.png
But it is impossible to read from the same topic and port 9094. The processor does not show any errors. I used different versions of the consumekafka processor. No results.
Снимок экрана от 2023-05-22 14.34.39.pngСнимок экрана от 2023-05-22 14.34.59.png

I am able to read from the topic on the insecure port 9092. I am also able to read on the SASL_PLAINTEXT port through other tools such as datagrip. But for some reason nifi does not want to read through this port. help me please.
nifi version 1.16.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @EtoZheGost. I'm no expert but perhaps there is a configuration issue. So, while you wait for someone more knowledgeable, I'll share a link with you in case it helps. 

Support Video: How to connect to Kafka server using SASL_SSL security protocol?

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @EtoZheGost. I'm no expert but perhaps there is a configuration issue. So, while you wait for someone more knowledgeable, I'll share a link with you in case it helps. 

Support Video: How to connect to Kafka server using SASL_SSL security protocol?

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Thank you for the answer. Indeed, the problem was in the configuration on one and the nodes. Port was not specified. I was confused by the fact that through third-party tools I could read from the topic.

Community Manager

Happy to see you got the issue resolved. Thanks for marking the solution and best of luck moving forward. 😊