Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Nifi: file not picked from input directory after first ime

Expert Contributor

I have a nifi flow, working fine.  It picks file from a source directory, processes it, and file is deleted from source directory once picked up.

This all works fine first time. But later on, if I copy another file in source directory, that file is not picked up. I even stop all processors, clean any queue if not empty, and restart processors, but still file is not picked from input directory.

What causes this behaviour?

As a result, I have to stop-restart nifi, making it a bit cumbersome.

PS: Based on some google suggestions, I tried to delete flowfile_repository, but it doesn't allow so with message 'Device or resource busy'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Got the answer. First processor has listing strategy set to 'Tracking Timestamps', and copied file has older timestamp than the latest tracked one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Got the answer. First processor has listing strategy set to 'Tracking Timestamps', and copied file has older timestamp than the latest tracked one.

Master Mentor

@manishg 
Copying a file should have resulted in a new timestamp making it newer than the last file you previously listed.  However, moving a file typically does not change timestamps on the file.  My guess here is you moved a file into the directory instead of copy?

Matt

Expert Contributor

I used docker copy command.

Rising Star

What processors are you using? List or Get files?

Expert Contributor

Its ListFile.