Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Preparation for CCP Data Engineer Exam (DE575)

Expert Contributor

I plan to get a Cloudera certification and need help on following questions:

Question #1. I reviewed the page https://www.cloudera.com/about/training/certification.html, It looks like that CCP Data Engineer is the only certification that has not been suspended or retired.  Am I right on this?

Question #2. To prepare DE575, the only recommended Cloudera course is "Spark and Hadoop Developer" training course. according to this page. https://www.cloudera.com/about/training/certification/ccp-data-engineer.html. Should I consider other courses?

Questions #3. My workplace uses HDP. Do I need to get familiar with products like CDH before taking the exam? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I got the following responses from Cloudera Certification.
Regarding Question #1, the FAQ page has the most the up-to-date information. So right now I'd better hold off purchasing the exam until the DE575 is relaunched.
Regarding Question #2, the course is the "Spark and Hadoop Developer" training course is the one I should take for preparing DE575.
Regarding Question #3, the environment for the exam is fixed and only available on CDH. Candidates do not have the option to take the exam in an HDP environment. The skills tested are applicable to HDP development as well, it is in the developer track, so it should have nothing to do with the environment that it is running in. It is primarily interested in transforming data that sits on the cluster.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@Seaport If you haven't seen it already, please review the Cloudera Certification FAQ page for further information.

Please contact certification@cloudera.com with any additional questions.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Expert Contributor

@cjervis Thanks. I reviewed the FAQ page, but it does not answer my questions. I guess I'd better wait until tomorrow, because the page mentioned the date February 1, 2020 several times for new launches or other changes.

Community Manager

The certification team has updated the FAQ and posted an update on the community with new information. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Expert Contributor

I got the following responses from Cloudera Certification.
Regarding Question #1, the FAQ page has the most the up-to-date information. So right now I'd better hold off purchasing the exam until the DE575 is relaunched.
Regarding Question #2, the course is the "Spark and Hadoop Developer" training course is the one I should take for preparing DE575.
Regarding Question #3, the environment for the exam is fixed and only available on CDH. Candidates do not have the option to take the exam in an HDP environment. The skills tested are applicable to HDP development as well, it is in the developer track, so it should have nothing to do with the environment that it is running in. It is primarily interested in transforming data that sits on the cluster.