Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ResourceManager YARN cannot started

Contributor

Hi I am using the Sandbox 2.3.2

I just download it 2 weeks ago.

At the first week before I am running with 4 GB RAM. Then i request it to my team to upgrade memory to 8 GB.

But the Resource Manager YARN and Ambari Server Alert cannot be started. always CRIT

Please what do i miss ?

740-0001.jpg

751-0002.jpg

Thank you

yan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@yan Adiputra Just looking at your logs, looks like the problem is a wrong memory configuration:

2015-12-10 09:57:39,443 INFO  service.AbstractService (AbstractService.java:noteFailure(272)) - Service RMActiveServices failed in state INITED; cause: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: Invalid resource scheduler memory allocation configuration, yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb=3072, yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb=2250, min and max should be greater than 0, max should be no smaller than min.
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: Invalid resource scheduler memory allocation configuration, yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb=3072, yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb=2250, min and max should be greater than 0, max should be no smaller than min.
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.validateConf(CapacityScheduler.java:179)
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.initScheduler(CapacityScheduler.java:308)
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.serviceInit(CapacityScheduler.java:348)
 at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
 at org.apache.hadoop.service.CompositeService.serviceInit(CompositeService.java:107)
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager$RMActiveServices.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:572)
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.createAndInitActiveServices(ResourceManager.java:972)
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:259)
 at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.main(ResourceManager.java:1202)

According to the logs the following config is set:

• yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb=2250
  • yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb=3072

This config is impossible min has to be smaller than max

Could you please switch the configurations, so that you have:

• yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb=3072
  • yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb=2250

804-screen-shot-2015-12-14-at-101418-am.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Expert Contributor

Hi Jonas,

I checked the sandbox on latest version, by default we use a min container of 250MB and max container 2250MB.

@rmolina thanks for checking 🙂

Contributor

Is there a possibility for upgrading the memory from 4GB to 8 gb?

New Contributor

Hi Team,

Can any one help to resolve this issue, Resources manager wnet down due to this not able start them.

Error:-
Service did not start successfully; not all of the required roles started: only 23/25 roles started. Reasons : Service has only 0 ResourceManager roles running instead of minimum required 1.