Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Running Apache Nifi on Docker without 0.0.0.0

New Contributor

After configuring my Dockerfile with:

ENV NIFI_WEB_HTTPS_HOST=0.0.0.0
ENV NIFI_WEB_HTTPS_PORT=8443

I was able to run the container and access UI.

If I increase replica, my cluster informations registries two address nodes 0.0.0.0:8443 and any changes I try to make I receive the error:

Node 0.0.0.0:8443 is unable to fulfill this request due to: Transaction 00671bfc-20b8-4257-8590-8936e7265fde is already in progress.

If I remove NIFI_WEB_HTTPS_HOST property, I cannot access UI, but log say that Jetty is running with container name, not 0.0.0.0.

Is it possible to run nifi in a container without 0.0.0.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@samaan_filho ,

You can have 2 docker containers running NiFi, each one using the same local port 8443. You cannot expose both of those ports with the same port number to your local machine, though. You'd have to map to different port numbers when exposing them. Can you share more details?

Alternatively, please take a look at this article: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/NiFi-cluster-sandbox-on-Docker/ta-p/346271

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@samaan_filho ,

You can have 2 docker containers running NiFi, each one using the same local port 8443. You cannot expose both of those ports with the same port number to your local machine, though. You'd have to map to different port numbers when exposing them. Can you share more details?

Alternatively, please take a look at this article: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/NiFi-cluster-sandbox-on-Docker/ta-p/346271

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.