Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Services report

Solved Go to solution

Services report

Contributor

Hi every one,

I want to get the metrics of all services in my cluster.

1)If HDFS service is gone down. I want to know how much time HDFS service was down.

Eg:-In HDP cluster we will get only service uptime only like( Name node uptime is 25 days).and if I restart the service the uptime will be calculated from there onwards

But I need to know how long the service was down and how long the service is up and running

I am asking about not only HDFS service but also I need to generate the report for all the services(YARN,HBASE,KNOX,etc..)

Can you please guide me how to get these uptime and down times for all services.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Services report

Expert Contributor

@kanna k

You will have to use the Ambari REST API in conjunction with a custom application that you create to measure the total uptime of the system through restarts. You can also use Ambari Alerts + notifications to get push notifications when services are stopped or started. That way, you can have an email with a timestamp of when a service was stopped/started and calculate the total uptime based on those numbers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Services report

Expert Contributor

@kanna k

You will have to use the Ambari REST API in conjunction with a custom application that you create to measure the total uptime of the system through restarts. You can also use Ambari Alerts + notifications to get push notifications when services are stopped or started. That way, you can have an email with a timestamp of when a service was stopped/started and calculate the total uptime based on those numbers.

View solution in original post

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here