Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Services report

Contributor

Hi every one,

I want to get the metrics of all services in my cluster.

1)If HDFS service is gone down. I want to know how much time HDFS service was down.

Eg:-In HDP cluster we will get only service uptime only like( Name node uptime is 25 days).and if I restart the service the uptime will be calculated from there onwards

But I need to know how long the service was down and how long the service is up and running

I am asking about not only HDFS service but also I need to generate the report for all the services(YARN,HBASE,KNOX,etc..)

Can you please guide me how to get these uptime and down times for all services.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@kanna k

You will have to use the Ambari REST API in conjunction with a custom application that you create to measure the total uptime of the system through restarts. You can also use Ambari Alerts + notifications to get push notifications when services are stopped or started. That way, you can have an email with a timestamp of when a service was stopped/started and calculate the total uptime based on those numbers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

@kanna k

You will have to use the Ambari REST API in conjunction with a custom application that you create to measure the total uptime of the system through restarts. You can also use Ambari Alerts + notifications to get push notifications when services are stopped or started. That way, you can have an email with a timestamp of when a service was stopped/started and calculate the total uptime based on those numbers.