Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

There is an error in installing HDF 3.0.2.0 in HDP 2.6.4.0 cluster. I installed Registry 0.3.0 with "Add Service" and the service does not run due to "ClassNotFoundException" error. How do I install the Schema Registry service?

New Contributor

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hortonworks.registries.schemaregistry.webservice.RewriteUriFilter at com.hortonworks.registries.webservice.RegistryApplication.addServletFilters(RegistryApplication.java:218) at com.hortonworks.registries.webservice.RegistryApplication.run(RegistryApplication.java:75) at com.hortonworks.registries.webservice.RegistryApplication.run(RegistryApplication.java:58) at io.dropwizard.cli.EnvironmentCommand.run(EnvironmentCommand.java:43) at io.dropwizard.cli.ConfiguredCommand.run(ConfiguredCommand.java:85) at io.dropwizard.cli.Cli.run(Cli.java:75) at io.dropwizard.Application.run(Application.java:79) at com.hortonworks.registries.webservice.RegistryApplication.main(RegistryApplication.java:226) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hortonworks.registries.schemaregistry.webservice.RewriteUriFilter at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264) at com.hortonworks.registries.webservice.RegistryApplication.addServletFilters(RegistryApplication.java:213)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Changwon Choi

When you installed the mpack then While running the "install-mpack" command have you used "--purge" option?

# ambari-server install-mpack \
--mpack=/tmp/hdf-ambari-mpack-<version>.tar.gz \
--verbose
--purge

Also You should try the following as well:

1. Remove Schema Registry service.

2. Following the steps mentioned in the Doc "Update the HDF Base URL"
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.2/bk_installing-hdf-on-hdp/content/ch_base-ur...

3. Add Schema Registry Service again.

New Contributor

I did not include the "--purge" option when I first installed the HDF.

# ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=/tmp/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.0.2.0-76.tar.gz --verbose

You have only deleted the Registry service as you have noticed.

And, I have an error installing it, including the "--purge" option.

# ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=/tmp/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.0.2.0-76.tar.gz --verbose --purge

======= Error Message ===========

ERROR: This Ambari instance is already managing the cluster HDP that has the HDP-2.6 stack installed on it. The management pack you are attempting to install only contains stack definitions for [HDF]. Since this management pack does not contain a stack that has already being deployed by Ambari, the --purge option would cause your existing Ambari installation to be unusable. Due to that we cannot install this management pack. Mpack installation checker failed!

ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1. REASON: This Ambari instance is already managing the cluster HDP that has the HDP-2.6 stack installed on it. The management pack you are attempting to install only contains stack definitions for [HDF]. Since this management pack does not contain a stack that has already being deployed by Ambari, the --purge option would cause your existing Ambari installation to be unusable. Due to that we cannot install this management pack. Mpack installation checker failed!

Expert Contributor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Very helpful response Yolanda. One minor typo - In 1.a) the path is - /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari-hdp-*.repo

For those who are not familiar with yum repo location.

BTW - This solutuion works for me.

Expert Contributor

Thanks @bsaini, I've made the correction. Glad this worked for you!