Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to clear Nifi Queue

Rising Star

Good day,

Am trying to clear on of my NiFi flows (almost 20,000 small files)

as Below

10289-pic1.png

The response is that queue is empty !! can you help please.. is there any way to clear from DB ?

10291-pic2.png

pic2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

You should stop the processor that is after the queue, and wait until the number in the top-right corner of that processor goes away. In your photo it shows "1" in the next processor which means it is currently running and likely operating on some of the flow files which can't be cleared from the queue. Once the processor is stopped and the number is gone then you can try clearing.

If you don't care about any of your data in the flow and just want to wipe everything, you can stop NiFi and delete the "_repository" directories and start back up. That will clear ALL data from your flow.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

You should stop the processor that is after the queue, and wait until the number in the top-right corner of that processor goes away. In your photo it shows "1" in the next processor which means it is currently running and likely operating on some of the flow files which can't be cleared from the queue. Once the processor is stopped and the number is gone then you can try clearing.

If you don't care about any of your data in the flow and just want to wipe everything, you can stop NiFi and delete the "_repository" directories and start back up. That will clear ALL data from your flow.

Rising Star

Thanks Brayan for your answer, I waited for over 2 hours and the status is the same, even thought he "1" disappeared still getting the same response "0 files were removed" ?

Master Guru

Interesting, can you confirm which version of NiFi? I'm assuming 1.1 since you have the new UI with colors.

Rising Star

Yes, you are right 🙂

Actually I never faced this in version 1.0

Is this a cluster or standalone instance? This is an odd error that shouldn't be happening so any information about your deployment would be helpful

Rising Star

its standalone deployment..

With the RouteText processor (the destination of that queue) stopped, could you try and change the destination of the connection?

Contributor

@Bryan Bende do you mean delete all below directories to empty the queue? will the job flow be delete too?

content_repository

flowfile_repository

provenance_repository