Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to restart kafka broker

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to restart one of my kafka broker for stale configuration due to ranger configuration changes.

However, one of the kafka broker is not coming up and is not throwing any error as well. I reverted back the ranger configuration but to no avail. The only error that i see is the below error in the ambari stderr output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KAFKA/0.8.1/package/scripts/kafka_broker.py", line 129, in <module>
    KafkaBroker().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 685, in restart
    self.stop(env, upgrade_type=upgrade_type)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KAFKA/0.8.1/package/scripts/kafka_broker.py", line 96, in stop
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/KAFKA/0.8.1/package/scripts/params.py", line 181, in <module>
    enable_ranger_kafka = not is_empty(enable_ranger_kafka) and enable_ranger_kafka.lower() == 'yes'
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'lower'
1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Hi @Aditya Gopal:

It looks like the version of python on this node has been changed to one where the method called is not available. Has there been a change or upgrade to the version of python installed on this particular node recently?

Thank you,

Jeff G.