Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to start ranger and infrasolr with same error : 'kerberos-env' was not found in configurations dictionary

Explorer

After restarting all the services trough ambari, only two services don't start and are facing the same error : 

ranger and infrasolr

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/config_dictionary.py", line 73, in __getattr__
    raise Fail("Configuration parameter '" + self.name + "' was not found in configurations dictionary!")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Configuration parameter 'kerberos-env' was not found in configurations dictionary!

Any idea ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hello @dch44 

Thanks for engaging Cloudera Community. Based on the Post, Ranger & Infra-Solr aren't starting with [1].

This Error requires manual intervention into Ambari DB "clusterconfigmapping" Table to adjust the values of "type_name" ("kerberos-env" & "krb5-conf") to set "selected" Column as 1 for the latest "version_tag" in the concerned "clusterconfigmapping" Table. Considering the changes to Ambari DB should be performed with extreme caution, We would recommend engaging Cloudera Support to assist on this issue. 

Regards, Smarak

[1] 

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/config_dictionary.py", line 73, in __getattr__
    raise Fail("Configuration parameter '" + self.name + "' was not found in configurations dictionary!")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Configuration parameter 'kerberos-env' was not found in configurations dictionary!

Explorer

I finally engaged Cloudera support.

After checking the security value with the following command :

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -l <ambari host fqdn> -t <port> -u admin -p <password> -n <cluster_name> -a get -c cluster-env | grep -i security_enabled,

I was asked to disable the security_enabled :

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py -l <ambari host fqdn> -t <port> -u admin -p <password> -n <cluster_name> -a set -c cluster-env -k security_enabled -v false

Then i was able to start ranger again

Still have problem with infa_solr. I will engage support for that

Super Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login